- Call the Medical Office directly at 767-5261 prior to 9:30am to report a lateness or absence. You can leave a message on the voicemail system if the Nurse is unable to answer your phone call.
- When you leave a voicemail message please specify your child’s name, teacher, and exact reason for lateness or absence (i.e.-doctor appointment, fever, sore throat, stomachache, headache, etc.).
- If we do not receive a phone call or voicemail message the day of your child’s absence or lateness they will be marked in the attendance system with an unexcused absence or unexcused lateness.
- If you take your child to the doctor and they are diagnosed with a contagious illness such as strep throat, pink eye, fifth’s disease, impetigo, lice, coxsackie virus, etc., you must notify the school nurse so a letter can be sent home with the class.
- If you call your child in sick do not bring your child in for half a day saying he/she feels better.
- When your child returns to school they must bring in an absence note to their teacher with the explanation of why they were out.
- If your child is absent from school with illness for more than three days a doctor’s note will be needed to return to school.
- If you are taking your child out of school for a family vacation a letter must be sent in prior to the vacation informing the classroom teacher how long your child will be out of school. (This would be considered an unexcused absence and teachers are not able to provide homework during your child’s time away.)